The Hydraulic Platform models FF320SHD (32m working height) & FF420SHD (42m working height) designed specifically for fire fighting and rescue. It comprises of one main boom with telescopic sections and an articulated boom* (*with telescopic extensions, in case of the 42m model) with a cage mounted at the end either directly or through a tip boom, to go up over and down the other side of obstruction. An aluminium escape ladder is fitted on one side of the booms with no cross over, with access from vehicle deck till cage. In stowed position, the cage rests on the vehicle deck for easy entry/exit.
The entire unit is mounted on a turntable on an ARAI certified BS-III compliant chassis of minimum 140HP. The chassis, selected by the user in consultation with us, equipped with single driver’s cabin and external PTO is to be provided by the Purchaser at our factory.
The stowed dimensions do not exceed 12mx2.5mx4m. Front overhang is under 1m, rear overhang less than 60% of chassis wheel base.
The total weight of the built up equipment is within the chassis GVW.
Note: We may need to modify the chassis cabin and frame to facilitate the fitment of the hydraulic platform on the chassis.
The Boom is a box-type section and made of corrosion resistant high strength steel grade FE540 to IS 8500:1985 Reaffirmed 2000/ ST55 (IS 961) or superior such as Weldox®/ Domex® or equivalents. The boom sections is internally and externally treated against corrosion. The service points on chainwheels (or on wire rope pulley system) and adjusting devices for the extending chain (or wire rope) is easily accessible.
In operating position, the equipment is stabilized on 4 nos. H-type (hydraulic out and down type) outriggers having sufficient power and stroke to lift all wheels of the vehicle off firm level ground and independent controls to level the vehicle on uneven (7 degree slope, fore and aft) terrain. An electronic vehicle auto-levelling system is provided to level the vehicle automatically to an accuracy of 0.5 degree or better.
A slew restriction system is provided, which automatically prohibits the slew movement on the side where the outriggers have not been fully extended. The following 4 operating positions are possible:
Electronic cage collision sensors are provided around the cage, which cuts off operation withinapproximately one meter of obstacle, after which the cut off can be over-ridden to continue the operation with caution (this facility is not available in computer bypass/override mode). In transport position, cage is stowed between driving cabin and slew. One flashing light under cage is provided.
The tentative layout* (* layout may vary somewhat from chassis to chassis) drawings of LIFTMAK MODELS FF420SHD (42M) AND FF320SHD (32M), are enclosed, indicating maximum height, reach and dimensions in transport position.
|Maximum working height from ground level||42.0m||32.0m|
|Maximum cage floor height from ground level||40.0m||30.5m|
|Maximum safe working load (without water monitor in operation)||500kg||500kg|
|Maximum safe working load (with water monitor in operation)||300kg||300kg|
|Cage dimensions (outer) in mm ± 5% LxWxH||1045x2050x1150||1045x2050x1150|
|Test load for stability at full reach||750kg||750kg|
|Continuous unlimited rotation in both directions||360o plus, endless, continuous||360o plus, endless, continuous|
|Transport height less than||4.00m||4.00m|
|Transport length (chassis dependent) within||12.0m||12.0m|
|Maximum outrigger width with both jacks extended||(as per design)||(as per design)|
|Maximum outrigger width with both jacks extended||(as per design)||(as per design)|
|Maximum penetration of outrigger base plate below firm horizontal ground suitable to level vehicle on incline of||7 degree||7 degree|
|Maximum wind velocity||14m/second||14m/second|
|Cage rotation (left and right)||45°||45°|
|Static stability of built up unit on chassis to incline of||17°||17°|
|Chassis GVW required (chassis is to be arranged by the purchaser).Chassis should be ARAI/VRDE compliant, with factory fitted driver’s cabin and external PTO.Engine power shall be minimum 140HP.||37T GVW Chassis recommended is Mahindra model Truxo37||37T GVW Chassis recommended is Mahindra model Truxo37|
Fire Fighting Platforms are powered by a double hydraulic pump powered by the vehicle engine through power take off. The pumps operate on minimum flow and minimum pressure when hydraulic platform is not in operation. When one of the booms or slew movements is operated,the control valve automatically increases the pressure and oil flow to the extent needed for the movement activated. The main platform control levers allow for a progressive control at infinite variable speed from creep to maximum and proportional to the joystick lever position.
All main controls are capable of being operated with single motion or simultaneously. Fire Fighting Platform is equipped with an inbuilt provision to provide smooth start or stop controls for relatively jerk-free operation, providing automatically for a progressive acceleration or deceleration of the main platform movements.
Other controls are controlled by an additional control lever or switch control. All controls are of ‘Deadman’ type and return automatically to neutral position, stopping the motion, if the control isabandoned. Deadman switch is provided, either integrated in the joystick or through a foot pedal, which needs to be pressed before actuating any platform function at the cage control station.
The hydraulic system pressure does not exceed 210 bar and an oil cooler is provided in the circuit.
There are three sets of displays (at outrigger, turntable and cage control stations) on backlit colour monitors of at least 14cm size, which dynamically display the following information about the machine:
- Outrigger position
- Slew angle
- Cage rotation angle
- Cage load
- Main boom angle
- Wind speed
- Articulated boom angle
Display panel indicates:
1. Outrigger position.
2. Vehicle level in fore and aft planes.
3. Audio visual signal if vehicle level is inaccurate beyond permissible limit.
The display changes to boom position, when booms are operated.
Liftmak fire fighting platform graphic colour monitor dynamically displaying pertinent information about hydraulic platform including height, reach, cage load, slewing, outrigger position* (*before booms are operated), wind speed. this graphic display is located at outrigger control station at vehicle rear, at turret and at the cage.
Note: Layout and appearance of graphic colour monitor designs shown above are tentative and subject to change. The actual appearance may differ.
For stowage purpose, in case of main pump or engine failure, the following emergency backup systems are provided: (a) engine driven and (b) battery driven
There is an on-board computer system, which receives geometric information through redundant* (*dual information) sensors. The software is designed to automatically restrict the outreach and load to within safe limits to ensure stability of the machine. The computer aided safety system provides the following safety functions:
- Auto-levelling of vehicle through single push button, operation not allowed if vehicle is not level
- Automatic slew restriction, depending on outrigger position
- Interlock to prevent boom operation, unless outriggers are deployed and vehicle levelled
- Interlock to prevent outrigger movement unless platform is stowed
- Outreach management as per manufacturer’s design controlled automatically by computer
- Cage collision guard with automatic cut off and possibility to over-ride the cut-off as decided by operator in cage
- Display of cage load and alarm if load is exceed and cut-off
- Indication in driver’s cabin for PTO, locker open, outrigger stowed position so that driver knows that it is safe to drive after completion of all operations (visible only when PTO lever is engaged)
- Automatic cut-off and alarm in case any outrigger loses contact with ground
- Prevents operation in case of malfunction of the computer aided safety system, sensors, cable, limit switches etc.
In case of failure or malfunction of the on board computer which controls all functions as well as takes care of the safety of the fire platform, the booms in normal course retract and return to transport position. Operation with computer override feature however makes it possible to over-ride the electronic computerised controlled system and operate the fire platform with modified reach parameters, with alternative mechanical/ hydraulic/ electric safety at full load, while ensuring hydraulic/mechanical/electrical safety systems in place to ensure stability of the hydraulic platform, with a modified reach diagram.
The following hydraulic/mechanical/electric safety features are provided –
- Independent outrigger controls and inbuilt electronic level display to check vehicle level and an additional spirit level indicator is also provided, to be used in computer override mode. Electronic single push button vehicle auto-levelling is also to be provided, which commands the outriggers to level vehicle automatically, eliminating human effort and skill in levelling the vehicle before the booms are operated.
- Slew restriction system to automatically prohibit slew movement on the side where the outriggers have not been fully extended.
- Interlock to prevent (A) outrigger movement unless platform is stowed (B) operation of booms unless outriggers are deployed.
- Outreach management as per design controlled automatically by a combination of electrical, mechanical and/or hydraulic safety systems.
- Digital cage load display, with alarm and cut-off indicating overload, irrespective of reach, height or position of the hydraulic platform with allowance for up to 20% overload (i.e. load in cage should not exceed 600kgs)
- Pressure overload protection for hydraulic pumps through pressure relief valve in main control valve.
- Cage collision guard through ultrasonic sensors with automatic cut off and option to override the cut-off as decided by operator.
- Electro-hydraulic proportional joysticks for controlled and simultaneous movements of booms and slew.
The above apart, the following safety systems are to be incorporated:
* Restrictor valves to ensure slow descent in the event of lock valve failure
* Positive cage levelling in all positions.
* Automatic stops to prevent platforms from reaching unsafe area of operation are provided.
* Emergency cut off device at turntable and cage to cut off all functions, with easy restoration.
* Illumination of cage and base controls for night operation.
* All cylinders provided with load holding valves to prevent boom crash in case of hose failure.
* Automatic cut-off and alarm in case any outrigger loses contact with ground.
The nominal diameter of the waterway is 75mm. There is a 63 mm inlet with closing valves on the rear of the vehicle, from where the line leads through the centre post, turntable up into the working cage, where the water monitor is fitted. The centre post, which is mounted in the centreline of the turntable, provides continuous rotation even if water supply is used.
The piping is simultaneously protected from possible over pressure by means of relief valve mounted underneath the turntable.
A telescopic water pipe is provided on the side of the first boom, which is made of stainless steel/aluminium. Moving sections of this pipe are thoroughly ground and chromium plated/anodized to provide reliable function and long life. Seals between these sections are of low friction type. The diameter of the telescopic waterway may vary.
On the side of the second boom* (*articulated boom), a fixed stainless steel/aluminium pipe is installed (telescopic in case of the 42m model).
An additional outlet with 63mm closing valve and coupling for water supply from the cage is provided, for extension hoses. There is drain cock fitted in the pipe to enable it to drain the water after use.
On the front underneath of the cage nozzle is provided for water spray curtain system to protect the cage occupants from the radiant heat. Control for water spray curtain system is located at aconvenient place.
Water monitor is connected to the piping system and it is placed suitably in order to provide appropriate operations and wide range of movements. The monitor is located at the front corner of the cage, so that most of the front side of the whole cage is free for effective fire fighting by crew members.
The monitor is placed suitably at the cage. The discharge capacity of the monitor is 3000 LPM.
The monitor is manually operated with facility of jet/fog nozzle.
An inter-communication system is fitted between the turn-table and the cage. The main station of the intercom with a loudspeaker and movable microphone is provided at the turntable. The combined microphone and loud speaker for free hands operation is located in the cage.
Siren and Public Address System: There is an electric siren unit with hooter fitted on the roof of the vehicle cab or any other suitable place. Control panel of the system is conveniently located in the driver’s cab and it include switches for the fast (Yelp) and slow (wail) sounds. Command microphone with push to talk switch allow the public address message to override the siren function.
Spot Light: There are two spotlights suitable for 24 volts/12 volts (as per design/chassis) fitted with swivel mounting bracket at the cage railing to provide extra safety in night operation. Two more spotlights are installed at the rear of the body to provide ground lighting.Rotating Beacons: Two rotating beacon lights, one on each side of the driver cab roof are provided. The colour of the light is blue. The switch for the beacon light with pilot lamp is fitted inside the cab on Dash Board.
The following accessories are provided along with the vehicle for use as standard fitment:-
- Four flexible rubber suction hoses of 100 mm dia each of 3 m length.
- Two canvas delivery hoses of 63mm dia and each of 15 m unfolded length.
- Metal outrigger ground plates with brackets: 4 Nos.
- Portable oil pressure gauge attached to 1 m long hydraulic hose: 1 no.
- Working range diagram, one at the turn-table, and one in the working cage, hard copy: 2 Nos.
- Plug for 12/(or)24 volts working light at the turn-table and in the cage: 1 No. at each place.
- Lifting hook under the working cage 500 kg capacity: 1 No.Markings: Following markings are provided:
- Warning labels and instruction plates
- Marking of safe working load in cage
The inspection and testing of Liftmak Hydraulic Platform is exhaustive and includes:
- Check on Assemblies, welds etc.. We provide records of magnetic particle examination/dye penetration test and ultrasonic test performed by us during the process of manufacture.
- Check of vital dimensions as per design.
- Check of operation and safety systems and design parameters including the following:
- Each of the safety systems listed* (*for those safety systems which require dismantling/reassembly to be demonstrated, we will provide a test certificate only) Static stability test* (*shown during stage inspection only) to ascertain if the equipment,duly mounted on the chassis, in transport position, is stable on 17 degree incline for a 4/5-axle chassis
- Test to verify if the outriggers are designed to level the vehicle on slope of 7 degree in both longitudinal and transverse directions. The level shall be measured with a digital inclinometer and the error in levelling will not exceed 0.5 degree
- Functional test to verify if an indication is available in driver’s cabin to see if vehicle is not in transport position
- Certificate that the secondary wire rope or chain system can take the full load, in case of failure of the main chains/wire ropes.
- Test to verify that if cage is loaded beyond 110% of rated load, the hydraulic motions are cut off with warning/alarm
- Functional check & performance tests including operation of the hydraulic platform through its full working height carrying the rated load(s) to demonstrate that rated speed is as per specifications ±10% variation
- Check for stability with 150% of rated load in cage at maximum outreach.
We provide all the assistance and equipment for the inspection and testing of the Hydraulic Platform at their premises and provide test certificates for important bought out components
such as raw material (steel; chemical test report), cylinders, motors, pumps, valves, hoses, monitor and additionally for the computer aided safety system. No design data or calculations will be shared by us with the client or inspecting agency.
For environment test, we offer our test certificate and no separate tests will be offered. Please note that we do not share any design calculations or manufacturing drawings with the client or inspecting agency.
The list of important bought out components is provided by us during inspection. Instruction Manuals are supplied with the hydraulic platform.Liftmak provides training to a group of three officers/operators deputed by the purchaser at our factory premises for period of one week in the operation and routine maintenance of the hydraulic platform.
We also offer training at customer’s site if so desired, on free of cost basis, if within India.